Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cold showers and other good stuff

First off, I take an ice cold shower every morning. And I really like it. Before coming here, I thought that the word rico only referred to food. For example, I would use the word rico to say that something tasted good. It turns out, that rico can be used for a lot of different situations. A cool breeze on a humid day. A beautiful view of a valley below. And cold showers during hot mornings. Que rico.

The past 4 days I went to visit a current volunteer. Her community is absolutely beautiful (I feel like I´m going to be sayin that every time I visit a new place). It is up in the mountains, overlooking a valley. She lives about 3 hours from me on bus, and has been working in her community for the past 1 year. Everyone in Tico 20 went to visit current volunteers to get a better idea of how volunteer life is and other things of that nature. It was great getting to talk to someone that is doing more or less what I will be doing in 2 months. We hung out around town and I meet some of the community, I went with her to a couple of meetings with the community development association, a local women´s group, the grade school director. I also went with her to an English class that she teachers. Overall it was a great weekend and I learned a lot.

I came home today and my family has a new puppy. It is about 1 month old. Felipe found it in the street. It is the sweetest little puppy. It took a nape with me this afternoon. I might accidentally end up adopting plus 10 street dogs while I´m here. I can´t help it.

That should do it for now. Miss and love everyone back home.

1 comment:

  1. hannah! i am so jealous that you have a puppy in your house!!! i love reading all of your blogs, you have excellent skills. i hope you are taking pictures of everything to show us when you come back to visit. love you!

    (by the way i can't figure out to post something on here under my name so this is Stephanie!!!)

    ReplyDelete